Project Home • Blog • Forums • Known Issues • Screenshots • Contact Project
CacheBox provides a one-stop-shop for content caching.
Gives Caching PEPP: Portable, Extensible, Personal and Powerful
1. Portable - use the same caching service for all your frameworks or applications - agent/service design allows you to publish 'CacheBox Ready' code with no dependencies so you can use it everywhere
2. Extensible - easily write new storage engines or eviction policies
3. Personal - let the person running the application decide how to cache, NOT the person who wrote it (after all, it's your server)
4. Powerful - see all the cache for your applications in one place - keep your CF cluster in-sync and let the framework decide how best to cache (automatic-optimization) - OR - do it yourself through a handy management application with hot-swappable storage types and eviction policies
Supported caching engines include
- in memory
- Java SoftReferences
- cluster scope (Railo)
- memcached (requires cfmemcached also on riaforge)
- ColdFusion 9 ehCache instance
- Custom - add your own
Supported eviction policies include
- auto: allow the server to decide
- perf: same as auto w/ emphasis on speed
- fresh: same as auto w/ emphasis on content freshness
- age: evict after N minutes
- idle: evict after unused for N minutes
- fifo: first in first out
- lru: least recently used
- lfu: least frequently used
- custom - add your own
Recent Blog Entries:
11/6/09 CallBacks / Reap Listener
11/3/09 Transfer Integration (coming soon)
11/1/09 CF on Wheels Plugin
10/25/09 Quick Start
10/23/09 Frequently Asked Questions
Bug Fix: resolved a problem with the storagemanager in which an "agent not registered" error was erroneously produced when deleting content from an agent in the server context (or degraded down to server from the cluster context) - this also occurred when resetting or initializing the agent since content deletion occurs during both of those actions
To enter issues for this (or any other) project, you must be logged in.
You may access this project's Subversion repository with your client here: http://svn.riaforge.org/cachebox.
To view files and changelists associated with this repository, go here: http://cachebox.riaforge.org/index.cfm?event=page.svnbrowse.
Anonymous users have read access to the repository while the administrator has write access.
This project is sharing its code via Subversion. Subversion is an open source source control method. You may find more information about Subversion here: http://subversion.tigris.org/
Adobe and the Adobe product names are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.